Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi MBA, Dr Ron Bradfield, Dubai, international MBA, MBA blog, Strathclyde MBA Alumni, Strathclyde MBA student, UAE, UAE MBA, uae ministry of higher education, United Arab Emirates, University of Strathclyde, University of Strathclyde Business School
MEET OUR INTERNATIONAL CENTRES – ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
“Haven’t you just posted about Strathclyde Business School’s presence in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)?” observant blog readers might ask.
They would be right, as we did recently introduce you to the Dubai centre in this blog entry. Strathclyde Business School has two UAE centres, however, so we’d like to drive you an hour and a half down the road and introduce Strathclyde Abu Dhabi…
Conveniently located on the mainland of the island of Abu Dhabi, in the heart of the city just off Muroor Rd., Strathclyde Business School’s co-ed Abu Dhabi centre is nestled in the thriving HCT/CERT Technology Park campus, adjacent to the Abu Dhabi Men’s College.
Strathclyde Abu Dhabi was launched in 2005 after Strathclyde UAE signed an agreement with our current administrative partner, the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT).
In addition to being one of the 1% of business schools to have accreditation from all three major international accrediting bodies – AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA – Strathclyde’s UAE centres are both accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. As such, it’s no surprise that over the past eight years, Strathclyde Abu Dhabi has delivered the Strathclyde MBA (and other Masters programmes) to some of the capital city’s best and brightest managers, including many who have gone on to launch entrepreneurial ventures or hold leadership positions in top private and public sector organizations in the UAE and beyond.
Strathclyde Abu Dhabi offers regular events for students, alumni, and the community, ranging from participative intellectual panel discussions in the Strathclyde Dialogues, to practical skill-based workshops, evening talks with academics or notable guests, master class opportunities, and more. The momentum of the Abu Dhabi Alumni Group’s coordinated activities is on the upswing, with the committee in talks to launch new initiatives such as a Strathclyde Book/Media Club and Practical Support Network to increasingly encourage useful structured networking among our vast alumni base.
This year, in conjunction with the alumni relations team in Glasgow, the Abu Dhabi Alumni Group will be supporting Strathclyde Abu Dhabi in hosting its first Strathclyde 100, a well-publicized event that will foster entrepreneurial activity of Strathclyders and the surrounding community by gathering a high-powered audience to hear about and offer various support (financial, strategic, networking, etc.) to promising young ventures.
The Strathclyde Abu Dhabi MBA offers students of this thriving emirate the same strategic world-class Strathclyde MBA taught in the UK and all nine international centres, with the added benefit of our centre’s talented and multicultural mix of students and alumni, all of whom are likely to be familiar with most of the following Strathclyde Abu Dhabi personalities:
- Dr Ron Bradfield: Though he travels to Strathclyde Business School campuses near and far, the Associate Dean of the Global MBA, Dr Ron Bradfield, also serves as Director of Strathclyde Business School’s UAE campuses and actually calls Abu Dhabi home. An MBA/PhD and former Strathclyder himself, Ron is a scenario planning specialist who has had an illustrious career thus far in industry and at Strathclyde. To learn more about Ron’s background and wide-reaching role with Strathclyde Business School, check out his full bio and read his advice on the value of the MBA in this prior blog post.
- Dr Katerina Nicolopoulou: Having recently joined the Abu Dhabi team as a Senior Lecturer, Katerina teaches in the Entrepreneurial Management & Leadership, Strategic Consulting in Practice, and Comparative Corporate Governance teams of the Strathclyde Global MBA. In addition, she is the academic-in-charge for the Strathclyde Dialogues Abu Dhabi and Dubai; she is actively researching in the fields of Entrepreneurship, CSR and Sustainability and their links to HRM. She earned her PhD and MSc from the London School of Economics, and has held a variety of roles as an academic and a practitioner, both locally and internationally. In her spare time, she is learning to play the harp.
- Lena Shaban: Meet Lena, Abu Dhabi’s Postgraduate Programme Coordinator. With an organizational prowess that is second to none, she is the quiet backbone of this Strathclyde Business School centre’s administrative effectiveness and efficiency. Have an inquiry about admissions? Ask Lena. Want to know about elective options? You guessed it; ask Lena. Having been with Strathclyde Abu Dhabi since 2008, Lena has the answers to most of your questions, whatever they may be. As past and current students can attest, Lena is an invaluable resource who is kept on her toes coordinating programmes for inquisitive Abu Dhabi Strathclyders.
- Shabeer KP: If Lena is the backbone of the Strathclyde Abu Dhabi, Shabeer is undoubtedly the centre’s secret weapon. As Administrator of Abu Dhabi’s Postgraduate Programmes, Shabeer is in regular communication with students about Strathclyde happenings, and ensures that all of the classroom experiences are comfortable, technically-connected, well organized, and supported by the appropriate learning materials. Since 2008, there has been nobody to whom Abu Dhabi Strathclyders would rather submit assignments, by whom they’d rather be wished luck on exams, or from whom they’d rather receive news of their hard-earned marks.
- Debbie Blinder: Our UAE Marketing and Public Relations Manager, Debbie is a new addition to the Strathclyde team. A UAE transplant from the United States, Debbie took her Princeton BA and marketing/recruiting background to Strathclyde Abu Dhabi, where she studied for her own MBA, fell in love with the programme, and recently transitioned to become a member of staff and help raise the visibility of Strathclyde Business School’s UAE campuses. In her free time, she is involved with the Strathclyde UAE Alumni Association – Abu Dhabi chapter.
Interested in learning more about the Abu Dhabi centre’s programmes or ongoing activities? Please visit www.strath.ae for additional information and do not hesitate to contact Lena Shaban at email@example.com with any further questions or to schedule a campus visit.